CLI supported on PS ISE?

sazquatch
sazquatch
Community Member

Trying to create some automated scripts using op.exe, but whenever I try to run commands through ISE, the script hangs during the login process. When I use the exact same cmdlet to log into 1Pass via PS or CMD Prompt, I have no issues.

I've replicated this issue across multiple computers, using different accounts. It seems like it's getting stuck because it's waiting on the password or something. I've tried using $(echo "account pass" | op signin domain email secret) but no luck, as where that works fine in PS or CMD Prompt.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 and Windows Server 2019

Comments

• sazquatch
    sazquatch
    Community Member

This needs a bump

• Hello @sazquatch,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty using our command-line tool with PowerShell ISE.

Unfortunately, there are some crucial limitations in ISE, by its nature of being a scripting environment. Key among those is that ISE does not use the same methods to ask users for input as PowerShell running in a terminal. Additionally, since ISE is no longer in active feature development, that is not going to change. (I should also mention that ISE’s latest supported version of PowerShell is 2 major versions behind the current PowerShell LTS.)

As a result, we only officially support the 1Password command-line tool in Windows on PowerShell. The tool does largely work in cmd.exe, but that's not where we put any of our development time.

If you like the scripting support that ISE offers, I would encourage you to start using Visual Studio Code with marketplace extensions installed for PowerShell. I think that it's a much nicer scripting experience.

This discussion has been closed.