icon fetcher / updater

Options
joseph_fsm
joseph_fsm
Community Member

Is there a way to automatically update some or all of my entry's icons in 1Password?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• Hi @joseph_fsm! 1Password automatically generates icons for each item, and you can set custom icon choices as well yourself. Could you tell me a little more about what you're looking to do?

• joseph_fsm
    joseph_fsm
    Community Member
    Options

I have a lot of older passwords that I just imported into 1password. These didn't fetch new icons. I'd like to be able to force these to fetch icons instead of manually finding appropriate ones for each entry.

• Hey @joseph_fsm:

Do you have "Show app and website icons" enabled in Settings > Privacy? If you do, does toggling the setting off and on result in icons showing? Let me know how that goes.

Jack

• joseph_fsm
    joseph_fsm
    Community Member
    Options

These were turned on. I toggled it but didn't see anything populate on sites with missing icons.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joseph_fsm:

It is possible that our icons server might not have these icons at all then. Can you give us a couple of examples of missing icons so we can check this for you?

• joseph_fsm
    joseph_fsm
    Community Member
    Options

I just created this one and it didn't fetch an icon. The website shows one in the browser tab.
    https://www.griefshare.org/

• Hi @joseph_fsm,

Thanks for clarifying those sites. I've just checked, and it looks like those sites are not currently in our icon database. Just to clarify, our rich icon database does not use the favicons that you would see in the browser tab, as those are often not big enough for the needs of being displayed in the 1Password apps.

I can definitely let the team responsible for the rich icons database know about these missing sites to see if they can be added to our icon database in the future. Thanks again!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.