Need help using 1Passowrd in Chrome

Options

I'm running into a problem in Chrome. I've been using the "autofill" feature for a long time. Now it seems like it's conflicting with 1Password. I noticed this on an Outlook web page. When I log in I see the following:

When I click on the first item "Outlook Web" I see the following filled in:

But when I click "Submit", the screen clears, then reloads the login page, and looks like the first screenshot. I then click on the "Outlook Web" item again, and it submits but clears the "is this a public/private computer button". I click on "this is a private computer", then the 1passowrd popup disappears and a username/password is left in the fields. If I click on the "username" field, the 1Password popup shows up. If I then click on the "Outlook Web" item and click "Submit", I get an "Invalid username or password" error.
When I go to settings -> autofill -> passwords, I see:

What do you think is happening? I tried clicking on the "Disable" button so I could turn off autofill, but it disabled the plugin. Now that I am able to use 1Password on my work PC, I would rather rely on it to supply my passwords.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I have a bit more information that might explain the issue I'm seeing described above. After turning off autofill for this one site, I realized that 1Password isn't filling in the password, only the username. I am accessing a secure auth site at my work. This is an Office 365 Login page. Is it because the field in named "SWA Password"? It seems to handle the username field (SWA ID:). Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is happening on my Mac and Windows 10 PC.

Thanks.

• Hi @ajahn:

The on/off buttons are for Chrome's built-in password manager. As you're using 1Password in the browser, rather than Chrome's built in password manager, both of those buttons being off is as it should be.

To confirm, does the Outlook Web entry contain your correct username/password to sign into this webpage? Let me know!

Jack

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

It appears to still be using the Chrome autofill values for the password.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that, although the settings are off, there are still a bunch of items listed below, for example.

Do I need to delete them all? I have a lot of them

• @ajahn Even when you disable the built-in password manager in Chrome the browser will still continue to suggest passwords if you have any saved in Chrome. I recommend that you migrate your passwords to 1Password and then delete them from Chrome using these guides:

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.