Sorting by Category is "global" in 1P8

Options

1P7 allows me to have different sorting options for Favorites and each of the categories on the left. With 1P8 it's one setting that affects it all. Sort by Title - all views are sorted by title etc.

Can we have the different sorting options back please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @khaosspawn

Thanks so much for testing 1Password 8.

I completely agree this seems like a useful feature to add back. I have let our developers know of this missing feature, so they can look into adding it into a future version of 1Password 8.

ref: dev/core/core#9457

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank @Joshua_ag !

• @khaosspawn Happy to help.

Have a great day!

• tsmango
    tsmango
    Community Member
    Options

Agree here, it was useful to be able to have different sort setting per category. For example, for All Items, I always want to sort by Date Modified whereas for Favorites, I want to sort them by Title.

• tsmango
    tsmango
    Community Member
    Options

Agree here, it was useful to be able to have different sort setting per category. For example, for All Items, I always want to sort by Date Modified whereas for Favorites, I want to sort them by Title.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsmango:

Thank you for chiming in on this, I have added you to the list of users who would find this useful :+1:

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana - any update on this?

• Hi @khaosspawn, no updates to share on this yet, but that's standard - we announce features as they get released. We do take requests seriously, and should this make it into a future update, we'll be sure to include a notice about this feature in the release notes when it arrives. And we'll keep doing all we can to make 1Password 8 as robust and featureful as possible along the way!

This discussion has been closed.