Search field > Command + A to select all text > app immediately quits

Options
jbtambien
jbtambien
Community Member

Using standalone Mac version of 1Password v7.9.1 (70901007) on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020) running MacOS 12.0.1.
Steps:

• Command + F and cursor focus moves to search field
  • type some text in the search field
  • Command + A to select all the text in the search field
  • 1Password immediately crashed

I would restart 1Password and was able to repeat the issue multiple times in a row.
After leaving my computer, closing the laptop so it went to sleep, then coming back, the issue is no longer occurring.

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (70901007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jbtambien!

Thank you for reporting this! I cannot reproduce the issue with those instructions, and I am glad to hear that this is not happening to you anymore either. Should this start happening again, please feel free to reach out and we can try to take a closer look :+1:

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm getting this too. Please look into it - it's infuriating.

Support Ticket: [#WUE-31994-343]

1Password 7.9.1
    MacOS Big Sur 11.6

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @codeknight, I see that my colleague Will has already replied to you via email :+1:

ref: WUE-31994-343

• needhelpwithcrash
    needhelpwithcrash
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm getting this as well (consistent crash when using the Search field). From my post on another thread:

I'm also having this crash MB Pro M1 (first gen). Crashes frequently and almost always whenever I use the search field. Wasn't crashing yesterday (not sure if it auto-updated or not, but I'm running 7.9.1). Tried re-installing 1PW, installing macOS 11.6.0 -> 11.6.1 update, Safari update, and tried the 2 repair options in the 1PWTroubleshooting app; none of which helped. Also sent a diagnostic report via email from the app about an hour ago.

Note I do not (never have) had SentinelOne installed.

• @needhelpwithcrash:

I've located your message and we'll be in touch soon after investigating further. Thanks!

ref: XIM-98554-748

• wojtaszek
    wojtaszek
    Community Member
    Options

I experience this problem as well and I can consistently reproduce it (even after rebooting laptop) by following those steps:

Open application
    Enter master password
    Use Search 1Password field and start typing
    Move focus to another UI element by clicking somewhere outside of the search input
    Click back on the search field
    Press CMD+A
    Application crashes
    It happens on:

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.1 (70901007)
    1Password Store

macOS Big Sur
    Version 11.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wojtaszek:

Thank you for the additional information. Our developers have been made aware of this, hopefully they can address this soon :+1:

ref: apple-5563

• jaysee_au
    jaysee_au
    Community Member
    Options

I have just experienced this exact issue on a brand new MacBook Pro (M1 Pro). Clean user setup, no migration. Literally first app installed was 1Password (as it always is). Crashing as soon as I hit Cmd-, to open preferences, every time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @jaysee_au, I have let the developers know that you have encountered this bug too.

• alo
    alo
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm having the same issue on an M1 Macbook Air:

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.1 (70901007)
    1Password Store

Reproducing it is exactly the same except for two details:

1. It only happens when I type 3 characters or more. If I only type in two, Command + A and Command + F work just fine. As soon as I have 3 characters and then perform a keyboard shortcut it will crash.
    2. It only happens when the search finds nothing and I perform the shortcut. If there are matches, then the shortcuts work fine.

I noticed this because my normal use case is to start typing, and if nothing is is found, hit Command + A in order to select everything and retype my search.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the additional details @alo!

• All,

This will be resolved in the next release (this particular crash infuriatingly does not happen in debug or beta builds).

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea when the next release is? Just happened to me again.

• @codeknight,

7.9.2 was released this morning.

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent - thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rudy you are very welcome @codeknight :)

This discussion has been closed.