Persistent Account Post Re-Install

Options
adambrendgard
adambrendgard
Community Member

Good day all,

I'm an administrator for a Mac based cloud ecosystem, and we utilize 1Password as our designated password manager. We had an employee depart unexpectedly a few weeks ago and he left his company laptop with his account signed in.

As the administrator, I've been trying to remove his account from the application on the employee machine account, but no matter how extensively I uninstall your program, it seems that the old employee's account will not detach from 1Password and I cannot add our new employee. Here's the methods I've tried to cleanly uninstall your program and all cached accounts (to no avail):

• Delete com.agilebits files in Keychain Access
  • Remove his account via the "-" button in 1Password preferences (greyed out)
  • Delete all relevant 1Password folders in Library, Applications, Containers etc.
  • Delete his account from our company directory in the admin panel
  • Delete his account via the machine admin account in the application (no option to do so, as far as I've seen)
  • Install both from our MDM and a standalone pkg from another source
  • "Fully" remove the software using stand-alone application purging software

I would prefer not to have to fully factory reset the machine and/or employee machine account, as it has a lot of intricate configurations already in place that would take considerable time to re-configure. The fact I need to jump through all these hoops just to cleanly install your software without a persistent account on a profile is surprising, and honestly quite frustrating.

I appreciate any help offered. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.1 / 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey (12.0)

Comments

• Hi @adambrendgard,

To fully reset 1Password for Mac on this device so you can get your new employee set up:

1. Open 1Password. You don’t need to enter your password.
    2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let me know if that works, or if you're still running into trouble.

Jack

• adambrendgard
    adambrendgard
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jack.platten

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm. I knew it had to be something easy I was missing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @adambrendgard! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.