Browser Extension does not support TouchID

Options
joshtt
joshtt
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I just setup a new ARM mac.

I upgraded my 1p from v6 (which I absolutely loved) to v7 (what have you done to the UI ?!? :angry: )

I have installed the Chrome Browser Extension: 1Password – Password Manager 2.1.4
I have install the Mac Desktop App: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.1 (70901006) from the Mac App Store

I am unable to use TouchID in any browser (Chrome, FF, Safari), It does not give me the option.

In 1p Desktop Prefs, I have Unlock using set to both TouchID and Apple Watch.

Please Advise

1Password Version: 70901006
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.0

Comments

• Hi @joshtt:

To confirm, do you have the Integrate with 1Password app setting enabled in the 1Password for the browser? To access settings, open the pop-up, then select the gear icon > Settings.

Jack

• joshtt
    joshtt
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I do indeed.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @joshtt ,

Please try the following:

1. Go to your Applications folder and make sure that there's only a "1Password 7" app there and no other 1Password apps present. If there are, delete them and keep only the "1Password 7" app.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password 7 with Touch ID.
    4. Open one of your browsers, wait a few moments and check if the extension was unlocked on its own. If it was, then the integration now works properly and you should be able to lock and unlock it with Touch ID.

In case the extensions remained locked and are still requiring you to input your password, please send us the following to support+x@1password.com:

Thank you.

• joshtt
    joshtt
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron I restarted and everything seems to be working as expected. v7 is such a departure from v6 - still wrapping my head around many of the design decisions. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @joshtt! Let us know if you have any other questions or if there is any way we can help :)

• joshtt
    joshtt
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like this is a recurring issue, that resolves itself only upon a complete Mac restart.

Do you have any suggestions to make this fix persist?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @joshtt ,
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue again.

It might occur if there's an update to 1Password or to the browser(s). A simple restart to 1Password and the browser(s) will do the trick instead of a full restart to the computer:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit the browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open the browser and test if it is working properly.

We have improved this in 1Password 8 which is currently under development (but available in beta), so things are looking better. Keep your apps up to date and stay tuned :)

This discussion has been closed.