Global Searching?

Find data anywhere
I have been using eWallet for years and one thing I have come to rely on is a global way to find anyting, anywhere in the database. I have a ton of data in my wallets and it's great to be able to find anything even if I only remember data in a specific field. I am trying 1Password and I love everything about it except for the searching. From what I can tell, 1Password only finds data in the Title and does not search in ALL the fields of all the wallets. If I have hundreds of wallets with data in various fields, it would be great if there was a way to find that data.

I like the "Include Notes Field in Search" option but it never stays enabled when I close and reopen 1Password. If I enable this option, I would think it would remain enabled until I turn it off.

Are there any plans to enhance the basic searching in 1Password?

Thanks for listening,
Steve

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Steve, and thanks for your suggestions!

We to improve 1Password with every build, and that will continue after the beta phase ends, although perhaps not at quite the same hectic pace. :D

There's always room for improvement, so please keep the suggestions coming!
  • dmahone
    dmahone
    Community Member
    I agree with Steve's suggestion.  I've used SplashID for years and have recently switched to 1Password for Windows.  I really miss having a thorough search feature in 1Password, for the reasons Steve cites.

It's been nearly a year since his suggestion, and your very non-committal reply.
    Are we going to see a better search function anytime soon?

Thanks, Doug.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Welcome to the forum, Doug!

Just select the All folder before your search. It'll be remembered next time you launch 1Password, too.

We hope you like 1Password for Windows, so let us know!

We'll be happy to hear your thoughts...and we'll try to be at least a little committal. :)
  • kketell
    kketell
    Community Member
    I have been a longtime user of both the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password. I would be lost without your product. However, the differences in the search functionality between the two platforms is painful.

It would be _VERY_ nice of the search on the PC worked like the search on the MAC. The primary need is for the Windows version to also search the tags.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your longtime support, kketell!

While 1Password for Windows preserves the tag information created by 1Password for Mac (so tags continue to work in 1Password data synced across all platforms), 1Password for Windows does not display tags created in 1Password for Mac or provide a way to edit them. I'll pass your feature request for tag support in 1Password for Windows along to the developers!

As for global searching, you can include notes and passwords in your search by selecting "Include notes and passwords in search" to the left of the search field.

20120912-xxnmcyypg4iphjf1axbdq38erd.png

I hope that helps a bit in the meantime. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.