standard email autofill not working

Options

here's an example ... happens often especially when just trying to give an email to subscribe to something. Once saved on sites it works for login, but is not working in these scenarios.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email autofill

Comments

• Hi @atmasphere:

Just to check, do you have an email address in an Identity item, like this? Let me know!

Jack

• atmasphere
    atmasphere
    Community Member
    Options

I sure do. I made that card for myself as complete as possible to avoid this …

• Hey @atmasphere:

It looks like this is a newsletter type form, rather than a sign up page. Since 1Password in the browser is not recognizing this page to fill in your email, can you share the page's URL with us? Alternatively, sending us the page's structure would also help:

1. Get to the form on the page.
    2. Right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of the browser and select "Help" -> "Collect page structure".
    3. Send us the structure in a text/doc file to support+extensions@1password.com alongside a short description and a link to this discussion :)

As a workaround in the meantime, opening the 1Password pop-up, and selecting Autofill on your Identity item should work:

Jack

• atmasphere
    atmasphere
    Community Member
    Options

This is the page … https://kedrosky.org/subscribe/ If I tap the extension (currently on iPad) it will be able to fill but not from the form item itself. Will need to pop back over to the computer for the page structure piece

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hey @atmasphere ,
    Thanks for sending that link over.

Looks like this form is built like a login form, so 1Password is trying to suggest a login item to autofill there instead of an identity item.
    If that form was built like a sign-up or a subscribe form, 1Password would have suggested your identity item instead.

I see that you've also contacted us via email and this issue was already filed internally for our devs to tweak on our side. Hopefully that'll happen in the next few updates of 1Password :)

ref: dev/core/core#11781

This discussion has been closed.