How do I autofill contact information on iOS?

nathanbooker123
nathanbooker123
Community Member

How can I autofill my contact information such as my address and phone number in iOS in Safari on websites? Whenever I go to fill something out, it allows me to select "autofill contact" from my contact card in iOS, but not from anything in 1Password. I have the identity section filled out in 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.1.1

Comments

• Hi @nathanbooker123

This is possible with our 1Password for Safari extension, available starting with iOS 15. You can learn more about how to enable and use the new extension here. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• nathanbooker123
    nathanbooker123
    Community Member

I have the Safari extension enabled already. Also the link to learn about how to use it doesn't indicate how to allow it to fill out personal information such as name, address, phone number, zip code, etc.

• Hi @nathanbooker123:

To use your Identity item to fill into a website, you can open the 1Password pop up in Safari to select your Identity item to fill.

First open the 1Password pop-up:

You can then scroll to find your Identity item you'd like to fill, then tap "Autofill" to fill it into the site. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• nathanbooker123
    nathanbooker123
    Community Member

Will this work in apps as well?

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2021

@nathanbooker123 The instructions provided by Jack will only work in Safari. While you can automatically fill usernames and passwords in iOS apps using Password AutoFill you can't yet automatically fill identities or addresses.

If you'd like to fill identity information into an app on iOS then you can copy and paste the information from 1Password into the app: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.