v8 Ability to reorder/arrange fields

Comments

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

Please implement this in 1Password 8, or just scrap 8 and work on an actual native successor for 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @adamjb, I have let the developers know that you would also like this feature :+1:

• +1 from me as well. I joined the 1password.community just to request this and one other request. Really missing this from v7!

• I've added your input as well to the internal discussion @cocoa_jump_fibroid, thanks!

• miguel_couve
    miguel_couve
    Community Member

+1

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Since you’re counting: +1

I’m wondering why AgileBits thinks v8 is ready to release if basic functionality like this from v7 is still missing.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

I, too, would like to be able to move fields around. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it rubs me the wrong way when I find myself trying to move a field that logically belongs elsewhere in the list of fields and I find that it's not possible to do in v8.

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member

+1
    I rearragend fileds a lot in 1Password 7 for Windows and the iOS app.
    And now I'm quite shocked that it's not possible any more in 1Password 8 für Windows :-(

• GlennIgen
    GlennIgen
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks for the continued feedback, folks. It's important to us!

• freefield
    freefield
    Community Member

I really want this. I just started with 1Password, and I imported login info from Bitwarden. Now almost all my 1Password entries have username as the identifying text, which is not at all useful: As username often needs to be email address, this field is the same for the vast majority of my new 1Password listings. I'd like to switch so site name (Name, or I don't care what it's called) is the text that shows up.

I could solve this by being able to control the order of fields. I could solve this VERY easily if I could have control of the order of fields that would apply to ALL sites.

Thanks!

• Noted, @freefield. We're indeed keeping track of the feedback here. Thanks for your input on this! 😄

• tkardos
    tkardos
    Community Member

+1 vote. Can you please let us know when this 6-month old topic can be fixed? Thank you.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

When it's ready probably, AgileBits members usually never give precise info on when this or that feature will be implemented. I've worked as a tech support for an ISP and this is also how we operated. I've been too precise on a few occasions and regretted it very quickly.

Anyway, if the feature is very important for some right now it's still possible to use 1Password 7 in the meantime and get back to 8 once some things are re-implemented.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tkardos:

Thank you for the feedback as well, noted! And yes, we will definitely write it in the release notes once this feature has been added, so keep an eye out on future developments :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@J.M:

When it's ready probably, AgileBits members usually never give precise info on when this or that feature will be implemented. I've worked as a tech support for an ISP and this is also how we operated. I've been too precise on a few occasions and regretted it very quickly.

That is correct :) We don't share release dates, we can only say "as soon as possible" or "when it is ready", as you say. I understand it's not much information but we really don't have more information to share when it comes to release dates.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

+1 too. That’s YA feature I miss from v7 :-\

Corentin

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted @cortig, thank you for the feedback as well :+1:

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member

+1 very much missed feature, especially when fine tuning login URLs and wanting to keep the original but prioritise a new one as the default.

• Understood, @warpspeed. Thanks for sharing your use case with us! We'll look forward to updating as events permit. 🙂

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

+1

• cojaxx8
    cojaxx8
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

+1 - Was a feature in v7. Don't know why it's not in v8.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you both for the feedback as well @adamjb and @cojaxx8 :+1:

• nicster
    nicster
    Community Member

+1 from me as well

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @nicster, noted!

• soulans
    soulans
    Community Member

+1 from me as well

• Thank you @soulans, added you to the above as well! :+1:

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Now that 1P v8 has been officially released, this feature has not yet been implemented.

Are we going to see it on v8?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

I lost hope. I don't think this will ever be added again, given all the other features that were added since initial early preview release.

From time to time, I reinstall v7 (and have to uninstall v8) and rearrange all the fields I added so far. Then I reinstall v8 again. This is extremely inconvenient, but I don't see a different way to do this. I would stay at v7, but v7 doesn't support direct file attaches, so I need v8 again. If there was the possibility to have both v7 and v8 installed in parallel, it would help.

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Yep, fingers crossed

This discussion has been closed.