Random Password Generator Tool

Rochambeaux
Rochambeaux
Community Member

Where did it go? I used to be able to access it independently for those sites that 1Password doesn't recognize as needing a password.

Now it seems like I have to manually "create" a new entry to get a password. Netinher the Windows, Chrome or Firefox have that feature any longer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Rochambeaux The password generator in the browset extension is still in the same place for me.
    Click on: 1Password icon in toolbar->Large '+' sign->Password Generator
    Here you can generate Smart Password that adjust to the website, a Random Password , a Memorable Password or a PIN Code, adjust the parameters for the latter three and choose the default type for suggestions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rochambeaux:

Let us know if rootzero's suggestion helped :+1:

• peuclid
    peuclid
    Community Member

Usually this is needed in an app on the phone. I am signing up for something and it wants a new password. I have not found any way in the phone app nor on desktop to just generate a password. I find myself TYPING a password that I'm making up in my head. I prefer to not ever know my passwords and let 1password create and remember them for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@peuclid:

I have not found any way in the phone app nor on desktop to just generate a password.

Assuming that by phone app you mean the iOS app, in order to create a new password you open the 1Password app, tap on Categories on the bottom row, select Passwords in the list, and tap on the "+" button on the top right of the screen. You can now create a separate password using the password generator there :+1:

• Dert2k
    Dert2k
    Community Member

I have an iPhone 11 and using chrome is not autofilling or generating new passwords.
    Using safari everything works. i thought chrome for iOS had integrated 1 Password for autofill. changing settings for autofill didn't help

About password creation, it would be better if we could launch the password generator and when selecting " use this password" then an entry could be created automatically. instead of launching the new entry page.
    this is something that bothers me on PC also. in version 7 we had 1Password Mini where we could launch the password generator and could cycle through the generator before picking a random password. then it would automatically save it in the passwords category.
    In version, mini is gone and no way to launch the password generator unless we create a new entry. it sucks

• Dert2k
    Dert2k
    Community Member

I have an iPhone 11 and using chrome is not autofilling or generating new passwords.
    Using safari everything works. i thought chrome for iOS had integrated 1 Password for autofill. changing settings for autofill didn't help

About password creation, it would be better if we could launch the password generator and when selecting " use this password" then an entry could be created automatically. instead of launching the new entry page.
    this is something that bothers me on PC also. in version 7 we had 1Password Mini where we could launch the password generator and could cycle through the generator before picking a random password. then it would automatically save it in the passwords category.
    In version, mini is gone and no way to launch the password generator unless we create a new entry.

This discussion has been closed.