yubikey and app login ( only works with authenticator?)

Options
peawee
peawee
Community Member

Ok after sorting out id touch , with a fresh install , I get to the point where I find I use my yubikey to authenticate , but when it asks for
which did not work and I had to authenticate using yubi key authenticator .

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 0s 12.1

Comments

• Hello @peawee! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using your YubiKey Security Key. When you insert and tap on your Security Key does anything happen on screen? Or do you have to click Cancel to dismiss the Security Key prompt and then use your Authenticator app? Does this happen when adding an account to the 1Password for Mac app?

If the answer to the above is yes then do you have a PIN code setup for your YubiKey? We're tracking an issue where having a PIN code enabled is preventing the YubiKey from being used on macOS.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5567

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member
    Options

HI Dave

To answer your question nothing happens on the screen , yes I have to cancel to dismiss the prompt and then use the Auth app , Yes this happened when adding a account to the Mac app . And yes I have a pin set up for PIV login for admin account , and thank you for letting me know , awesome . 1 up 1pw forums FtW:)

• @peawee Thank you for confirming. :) Our developers have investigated this issue and filed a bug report with Apple since the issue is being caused by an Apple process that is crashing. I've added your report to our internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can continue to use your authenticator app if you need to add your 1Password account to the 1Password for Mac app in the future (as you mentioned).

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your response , I totally appreciate your time .

• @peawee I'm happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.