Bookmarks

Options
DoNotStaple
DoNotStaple
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Lounge

I'm using Safari as my browser in IOS, but all of my bookmarks are in firefox. How can I export my data from Firefox IOS into Safari IOS?

Thank you
DoNotStaple

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.01

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @DoNotStaple!

Since the question does not seem to be related to 1Password, I have moved it to the Lounge section of the forum for you :+1: I am not a Firefox for iOS user, so I will leave the conversation here for other members of the community to share their knowledge :)

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @DoNotStaple
    I'm pretty sure that's not possible directly. You need a Mac with both safari and Firefox to do that.

• Firefox for mac need to be synced with Firefox for IOS via an account for the bookmarks to be the same on both devices.
    • Then safari can import your bookmarks from Firefox (File menu--> Import from...)
    • Finally, you can sync Safari for mac and iOS via an iCloud account.
  • DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

hi ag_ana and tetardbleu,

Let me rephrase. When I open 1Password on my iPhone there are no bookmarks in Safari. Only 1Password bookmarks. My account is syncing but no joy on bookmarks. I believe this is a 1Password problem.

DoNotStaple

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    Options

I think there may be a terminology issue here. The word "bookmark" in English commonly means, in this context, webpages that you save and organize inside your browser(s) to access them easily later. In 1password, you save logins (mostly) that are a combination of a username and a password, associated with an URL. (www.xyz.com). To understand what your issue is, maybe you could post a picture of what you (don't) see ? Don't forget to eventually hide sensitive information on it.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@tetarbleu

I don't know what I did but all of my bookmarks are now showing. Thanks and now you can close this ticket

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @DoNotStaple, that is great to hear :+1:

This discussion has been closed.