merge vaults

Options
siriuset
siriuset
Community Member

I'm finding it frustrating when I open 1Password looking for and not finding a password I know I entered only to find out that the app opened to my "Personal" vault rather than the "Primary" vault. I don't need to have two vaults. How can I merge or eliminate one vault without losing any stored passwords?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:vaults

Comments

• Hello @siriuset! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration. Standalone "Primary" vaults were used before we introduced 1Password accounts and lack many of the features that vaults inside of a 1Password account include.

If you already have a 1Password account then I recommend that you migrate your items from your standalone "Primary" vault to your 1Password account's "Personal" vault. Not only will this ensure that all of your logins are backed up to your 1Password account but you'll be able to see the same items on all of your devices. You can find instructions on how to migrate here:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Let me know if that helps. :)

• siriuset
    siriuset
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thanks. I think I can also achieve what I'm after by turning off access to my "Primary" account so that only the "Personal" one is active.

• @siriuset That could resolve the direct issue that you're having. I do recommend migrating the Primary vault and then removing it since, if you have a 1Password account, it's not part of your account and won't automatically sync to the rest of your devices or be backed up to your account.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• siriuset
    siriuset
    Community Member
    Options

Makes sense. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Dave, you are welcome @siriuset :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.