To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

2FA codes aren't working

44JAX44
44JAX44
Community Member

Everything was working well with the 1time password functionality then recently I started seeing this across multiple services. The codes generated by 1Password give me errors most of the time and they don't work. I tried resetting the link and same issue. I tried authy and I didn't have that problem so what's the deal? any known issues ?

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @44JAX44:

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Two-factor authentication codes are very time sensitive, and even a drift of a handful of seconds between your device's time and the time on the service you're attempting to sign in to can cause issues. To verify that your clock is accurate on your devices, you can use https://time.is/ to verify your devices' time.

Let me know how checking your time goes and I'll be happy to investigate further!

Jack

• 44JAX44
    44JAX44
    Community Member

okay thanx for the info, my clock was a bit more than 1 min different. It was weird since I set it to adjust automatically but I manually put it couple seconds away from the site you sent me and the service I was trying to unlock worked. Need to investigate further, if you have more tips they will be appreciated thanx.

• Glad to hear you got it working @44JAX44! :smile:

• okand
    okand
    Community Member

I stumbled over the exact same problem but found a better fix for it. It turned out that windows had the wrong timezone set in its settings but still corrected for that when displaying the time for me. This caused the displayed clock to me both in the taskbar and using get-date in powershell to appear as GMT+1 while the time somewhere in the background where 1password looked for it was GMT+0. Changing the timezone in the windows time settings made the codes line up correctly between 1password on my windows 11 install and on my phone again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@okand:

Changing the timezone in the windows time settings made the codes line up correctly between 1password on my windows 11 install and on my phone again.

Thank you for sharing this information with us, this is useful to know!

This discussion has been closed.