Feature request: Notification for known bad login forms

Options
warpspeed
warpspeed
Community Member

I was helping set some friends up with 1Password recently, and when trying to save their online banking details by recording from the login page, 1Password recorded incorrect values. I believe this is due to the way the online banking form is implemented.

I raised a fault for it, but was advised there's not much that can be done about it. Which is somewhat understandable.

However, from that, I have a user experience suggestion for 1Password. Have a list of known sites where 1Password cannot correctly save the login details, and then have a workflow and relevant notification show to the user.

For example, if one goes to try and save a login from the known bad site, have 1Password pop a warning to the user that saving a login from the site records incorrect values, and then suggest (or force) them to go make sure the correct values are recorded in 1Password.

In the case of the issue I had with my friends, I eventually figured it out and manually re-updated the items in 1Password with the correct credentials. They would have never figured it out themselves.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @warpspeed!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.