Any way to disable expiring/expired notice/badge?

Options
XanderP
XanderP
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have some memberships stored in 1P that include expiration dates. I've let some of those memberships expire, and as such, they show up on the "Expiring" tab under Watchtower in 1P. I would like to retain the membership info (including the expiry date) for record-keeping purposes; however, I would also like to remove the badge notifications next to Expiring (I like to keep everything cleaned up!).

Is there any way to keep the special expiry date field populated with an old date, but to disable the hook that makes 1P detect its expired? For example, when I add the tag "2FA" to an account that would normally have a 2FA notice and be under the "Two-Factor Authentication" tab under Watchtower, it removes the notice and allows me to keep the information as is (which is useful in cases where I'm keeping track of my family's passwords and they've yet to add 2FA). Is there a similar tag I can add to accounts that are expiring/expired to do something similar? Is there a master list of all of these special keyword tags?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XanderP!

Is there any way to keep the special expiry date field populated with an old date, but to disable the hook that makes 1P detect its expired? For example, when I add the tag "2FA" to an account that would normally have a 2FA notice and be under the "Two-Factor Authentication" tab under Watchtower, it removes the notice and allows me to keep the information as is (which is useful in cases where I'm keeping track of my family's passwords and they've yet to add 2FA). Is there a similar tag I can add to accounts that are expiring/expired to do something similar?

Not for expiring items, but our developers are discussing how to improve Watchtower notifications in the future, so I will let them know that you would also find this useful :+1:

Is there a master list of all of these special keyword tags?

No, because the new plan would be to ideally do this without using tags at all, if possible. My understanding is that they had to be a temporary measure only.

• XanderP
    XanderP
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, thanks @ag_ana! If there's one thing I'd let the devs know from this, it's that it would be great to somehow indicate in 1P that I acknowledge that a given item has expired / has a weak password / has a duplicate password / needs 2FA / etc., and that I'd like to be able to remove it from the Watchtower list. While I personally have removed all of my duplicates and added 2FA to everything, I manage my family's 1P (including parents), and no one else really cares about clearing away the badge count like I do 😅So it would be a great feature to be able to disable those Watchtower badge numbers for specific entries (and then be able to dig them up later in a general search for when I can finally convince my elderly father to strengthen his passwords 🤦‍♂️).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021
    Options

@XanderP:

If there's one thing I'd let the devs know from this, it's that it would be great to somehow indicate in 1P that I acknowledge that a given item has expired / has a weak password / has a duplicate password / needs 2FA / etc., and that I'd like to be able to remove it from the Watchtower list.

That is indeed the goal of the discussion :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.