Why this screen after using a yubikey to log into 1P on my phone?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Lounge

I changed the email address associated with my 1P account and with this one must sign back in with all devices. So as expected with my phone I was prompted for my hardware key which I 'swiped' but unlike for any other account where I use my yubikey I got this screen.

(Initially there was an actual "captured string"...this pic is from "History")

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

I would be curious to know this as well. Perhaps the Yubico developers will be able to give you some information?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

It just seems a bit "odd that this only appears for this account ie 1P (and I use the same hardware key for several other accounts).

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

@plttn , might you have some ideas why I am seeing that screen (only for a 1P re sign in)?

• Hey @jmjm:

Glad to hear you're still using U2F on your 1Password account. :wink:

I wasn't able to replicate this behavior on both an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15.2, or a Pixel 3XL, but in short, there's two different "slots" that exist on a YubiKey, and the Yubico URL you're taken to contains the data stored in the NFC copy of that slot. However, that slot behavior has nothing to do with using your YubiKey for 1Password, as that uses WebAuthn, which doesn't count as one of the slots.

As long as you were able to successfully use your YubiKey to reauthorize 1Password, you should be all set!

Jack

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

I understand that it is a Yubico Demo page. It doesn't have anything to do with logging into a specific site. It pops up when one taps the NFC and there isn't an app waiting for the NFC.

This discussion has been closed.