Firefox 1Password logins window doesn't stay open

Options
SyberCorp
SyberCorp
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Unlike the behavior in other browsers such as Brave and Safari, the login window for 1Password as part of the Firefox add-on doesn't show the main 1Password window after logging in. You supply the password (either by typing or with TouchID) and then have to click the add-on button again to get it to display again. In other browsers, you click the button and the login prompt shows on top of the other frame so your logins are visible without a second click. I know this bug was addressed a while back but it appears that it either didn't apply to Firefox or it was reintroduced at some point.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SyberCorp ,
    Thank you for reporting this.

There's an existing report (from a week ago) that was filed internally so I'll add your report there. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

ref: dev/core/core#11440

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

@ag_yaron Good to know. Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome :+1:

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron Any idea when this bug will be fixed. I've noticed that the add-on has been updated a few times since this post, but it still doesn't stay open after logging in/unlocking it in Firefox.

• Hi @SyberCorp.

We had an internal discussion with our development team regarding the issue. However, it seems like this is because Firefox has that behaviour of closing the extension popup when the window loses focus in general. It will happen to other extensions in a similar situation.

Our development team is fully aware of the state of the issue and will investigate further. Meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li Oh. Thanks for that. It's not a terribly big ordeal, just an annoyance. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to make it work.

• @SyberCorp Thanks for your understanding.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 😊

This discussion has been closed.