Share URLs

Options
Dany
Dany
Community Member

Hello All

I wanna use this function to send password to my friends by special mail adresse like on screen

I i fill them out like this i should get a mail to this mail adresse with the URL to see the password right ?
If i send the Link out i never recieve a mail from 1password !
If i send a manualy link with my outlook then everytings is work fine

what i do wrong ?
thanks
Dany

1Password Version: 8.5.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dany!

If i send a manualy link with my outlook then everytings is work fine

I am not sure I understand the issue exactly: it sounds like things are working as expected after you send the link? Are you expecting something else to happen?

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to share a password with someone via email address. if I do this as shown in the photo above, the recipient of the e-mail will not receive an e-mail from me!
    If I want to do that now, I always have to manually send a mail in my outlook with a link to it.
    But it seems that 1password could send this directly

• Hi @Dany:

We never want to be in the position of being able to decrypt your data. The item sharing links are generated completely on your device, and are never sent to us. If they were sent using directly by 1Password to your recipient however, we would have both your encrypted data, and the key to decrypt it contained in the sharing URL. Because of this, it's necessary for you to share the URL with them separately. For more details on the security of sharing items with a link, see here: https://support.1password.com/share-items-security/

Jack

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member
    Options

Ohh Jack i know how this work now i got it :-)
    Thanks for Help

• Hi @Dany! Thanks for getting back to us I'm happy to hear you got this working! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.