Biometric Unlock unavailable

JohnDoe3000
JohnDoe3000
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Android

Hello,

I get the following errors on Android. The error occurs when I want to activate the face recognition.

Android: 12 (also under Android 11)
1Password App: 7.9
Device: Samsung Galaxy S21

Thanks, André

1Password Version: Android 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12

Comments

• Hey, @JohnDoe3000!

Are you attempting to use Face Unlock when the errors occur? 1Password has a few requirements for Face Unlock. A device needs to support Google's native biometric framework, provide strong encryption, and the camera needs to sense depth so that it can't be tricked by a photo. Unfortunately, many Samsung devices don't support all of those requirements meaning Face Unlock will not work. If that's the case for you, try enabling Fingerprint Unlock on these devices so you'll be able to unlock 1Password with your fingerprint.

• While the error message may not be clear to everyone, it gives us the information we need to determine the root cause of the issue.

You should be able to unlock 1Password with biometry using Fingerprint Unlock on a Samsung Galaxy S21 running Android 12. Let me know if that doesn't work.

• pseils
    pseils
    Community Member

I see no option when I try to open 1Password to use biometric fingerprints to unlock it.

• Hey, @pseils. To enable biometric fingerprint unlock, tap the Settings tab in the bottom navigation bar, tap the Security item on the Settings screen, then tap the Biometric Unlock option on the Security screen.

This discussion has been closed.