Can admins limit sharing options?

Options

Is it possible for 1Password business administrators or owners to limit the new sharing options available to users? For example, as an admin, I'd like to disable the "Available to: Anyone with the link" option and require that my colleagues select "Available to: Only some people" with email verification. Likewise, I'd like to limit some of the "Link expires after" duration options.

If this isn't possible today, is it (could it be :smile:) on the roadmap?

Thanks!
Pete

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @parente, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

At the present, account owners and administrators can revoke sharing links directly when viewing the sharing history of an item and also view and filter sharing events from the Activity Log. More on that here:

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

I'm very happy to report that additional sharing controls are being planned, though I don't have any timeline or details to share at this time.

Update: These advanced sharing controls are planned to be released sometime early in 2021.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14171

• parente
    parente
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info, @ag_max.

While it's nice to be able to reactively unshare secrets, being able to limit sharing to what we consider best practice is really what we're after. I'm glad to hear additional controls are in the works.

• Absolutely, there is a ton of potential with providing more sharing controls and I'm excited to see what our development team is able to produce in the future.

This discussion has been closed.