Old approach to document previews had more benefits.

Options

I used to be able to preview attachments and show them in Finder without having to "download" them to my standard downloads directory, where I don't want these files. I could just preview them from wherever they already were on-disk.

1Password Version: 8.0 latest β
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1β

Comments

• Hi @Ryan Parman , thanks for your feedback here. This is a feature we're continually looking at, so we appreciate hearing from you about your experience with it. I have included your comments here in our internal discussion around how document previewing will be handled going forward. Many thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#9817
    ref: dev/core/core#8252

• VictorVon
    VictorVon
    Community Member
    Options

I prefer how documents where handled before 1P8 as well.

• Thanks for the addition, @VictorVon. We have taken note! 😀

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

I prefer the way 1PW 7 handled documents too.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    Options

That's a +1 from me as well. I understand the security implications of the preview function, but still prefer the old way to the new way of downloading the files to my Downloads folder from where I have to delete them manually afterwards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@viswiz, @MerryBit:

Thank you both for chiming in, I have added you to the list of users who would like to see this :+1:

• PeterG_1P
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @Ryan Parman and assembled folks, an announcement for you:

Quick Look for attachments and documents is now implemented in the new 8.5.0-46.BETA release of 1Password 8 for Mac. If you'd like to update and give it a try, our team will be very interested to hear what you think!

Thanks as always for providing the feedback we need to keep improving - we hope you'll enjoy this update in particular. 😄

https://releases.1password.com/mac/early-access/#1password-for-mac-8.5.0-46

This discussion has been closed.