How to use the same keyboard shortcut for Chrome extension and desktop app?

Options

My goal here is to have Cmd+Shirt+X open the 1Password Chrome extension popup when in Chrome, but if Chrome is not the frontmost window, open the 1Password mini window. Is this possible?

If not, what other strategies would you recommend? Having to use two different keyboard shortcuts, one in Chrome and the other everywhere else, seems kind of... not ideal.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aheckler!

I have tried this right now, but it looks like it would work in the opposite way that you wish unfortunately: using the same keyboard shortcut always launches the desktop app for me :(

Having to use two different keyboard shortcuts, one in Chrome and the other everywhere else, seems kind of... not ideal.

Do you mind clarifying why? In my mind, having two separate shortcuts makes sense, depending on what I want to open, mini or the extension window.

• aheckler
    aheckler
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mind clarifying why? In my mind, having two separate shortcuts makes sense, depending on what I want to open, mini or the extension window.

The ideal I think would be a single keyboard shortcut that opened the "best" version of 1Password, no matter which app I'm using at the time. If I'm in Chrome, that's the browser extension. If not, that's the mini window.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @aheckler, thank you for the clarification. I will be happy to pass the suggestion to the team for discussion :+1:

This discussion has been closed.