Unable to action 1Password button on specific sites

winterqt
winterqt
Community Member

On specific sites, such as accounts.google.com, the 1Password button on input fields is not actionable. The easiest way to reproduce this is to lock the extension, go to the site, and try to click on the button to get the "Please unlock 1Password..." dialog to appear. This works on other sites, as well as the same problematic site on the desktop browser extension.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @winterqt

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with the inline menu being unavailable. I can't say I've seen this on accounts.google.com. In fact I just pulled it up and the inline menu appeared as expected:

Could you please try restarting Safari and see if the problem persists? To restart Safari: double tap the home button then swipe Safari upwards off the top of the screen. Then re-open it from the Dock / home screen. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• winterqt
    winterqt
    Community Member

@Ben The issue isn’t the inline menu showing up on page load — that works fine. The issue is being able to action the 1Password button. Try clicking the button on a website that isn’t Google’s login page, like this forum’s login page; it toggles the visibility of the inline menu, which it doesn’t do on Google’s login page.

Hopefully that explains the issue better, and you’re able to reproduce it :)

• @winterqt

You're right, I can reproduce this on my iOS device from the Google sign in page, when the extension is locked, as well. To be clear, even with no inline response here (while 1Password is locked), if there were any response it would only include instructions for you to unlock from the toolbar icon. That said, I'll still bring this to our development team's attention as we do still need some dialogue here. I appreciate you getting this one on our radar.

• winterqt
    winterqt
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_chantelle, much appreciated (and you're very welcome)!

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.