Show names of the login items in account selection window

uhlomuhlo
uhlomuhlo
Community Member

Hi all,

this is a problem that has been bugging me for a while. When I have a website (e.g., from my employer) and that site has several subdomains (like service1.example.com, service2.example.com) with different accounts, iOS allows me to select from a list of all available accounts.

Now the overview window shows me all accounts that match the page with the username (usually "firstname.lastname" for all my accounts) and the top-level domain (e.g., example.com). Because I have multiple accounts, the list shows me several entries with my user name ("firstname.lastname") and the top-level domain ("example.com"), and I have absolutely no idea which one to select.

In my opinion, it would make much more sense to display the name of the login item that I chose. That way, I would know which one is which, and there would be no confusion.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you deal with it?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS and iPadOS

Comments

• Hey @uhlomuhlo:

Thanks for asking about this! iOS AutoFill, where the logins are presented above the keyboard, is only able to display the username and domain of the item in 1Password. iOS simply does not allow us to forward a title along to the OS for display. Tapping the Key icon above your keyboard will show the 1Password credential list, which will show the titles of your Login items. Let me know if that helps!

Jack

• uhlomuhlo
    uhlomuhlo
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the response! Yes, the key icon above the keyboard leads me directly to the overview I was talking about (without the titles of my login items). There is an option at the bottom that leads me to 1password - which is just one more tap (so it's not "unusable" or anything). I was just wondering if a setting to display the titles would be possible. But it seems that it's not possible with Apple's current implementation...

Thank you for your quick reply, though!

• Hey @uhlomuhlo

You can decrease the number of taps to get there by one if you turn off 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill > Show Usernames and Passwords. This will make autofill show "🔑 Passwords" and when tapped will bring up the 1Password UI. I hope that helps!

Ben

• uhlomuhlo
    uhlomuhlo
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

thanks a lot for that tip! It works nicely for me, as I have this problem with multiple websites.

Best, Thilo

• Glad to hear it helps. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.