Suggestion: searchable custom field titles

Options
PhilGwynne
PhilGwynne
Community Member

I'd never thought about doing this before (which is why it might not be a feature) but I went to save my NHS number to my identity in 1Password, since it made the most sense for it to go there, alongside my national insurance number. But upon adding a field with the title 'NHS number', I realised if I searched for that phrase, no search results would appear unless I added it as an individual item in my vault.

Is this something that has been looked into before – the ability to search not only the titles of items but their custom field titles within their contents? It probably has, but I'd be interested in hearing the rationale if so, just out of my own curiosity!

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

As far as I know it's possible since 8.5.0-46. Only works with the main app apparently (not with quick access). You type the field you're searching for, hit enter, and it will list all items with that field, even custom ones.

• PhilGwynne
    PhilGwynne
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

That's strange. I was using the desktop app but it is now working. Maybe it takes a little while to index? Either way, ignore my now-pointless post! :chuffed:

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it is working now! Please let us know if there are any hiccups. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.