Opening 1P when in a browser or just on desktop????

michaelwayne
michaelwayne
Community Member

Since a possible update of late, every time I need to go to a site that requires my password, I click the tiny 1P browser extension and a massive big 1P window opens up just for me to enter my Master PW. Is there a setting that can make this Sign On window nice and small as it used to be or am I a salad without any tomatoes!!

1Password Version: 8+
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 10 Pro

Comments

• Hi @michaelwayne!

Thanks for your message. It sounds like what you are seeing here is 1Password in your browser calling to the 1Password 8 desktop app to unlock and the large 1Password sign on window being from the desktop app. This feature is called app integration.

If you would like to disable the app integration, 1Password in the browser will return to using it's own, smaller sign on window, but you would lose some benefits app integration adds, such editing items in the app itself (vs on 1Password.com) and using Windows Hello to unlock 1Password. The following steps will allow you to disable app integration:

1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the General heading, and then toggle off Integrate with 1Password app.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if have any other questions or concerns. :)

• michaelwayne
    michaelwayne
    Community Member

Excellent.......I will live with it and not make any changes. Happy as Larry now.
    Many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike, you are welcome @michaelwayne! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.