Chrome extension doesn't work with Touch ID anymore

Options

A while ago the touch integration with the 1Password Chrome browser extension worked well. I could unlock through Touch ID within the browser. But since more than a month this integration stopped working. I've looked online and saw a tip to re-enable the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting but that didn't work.

Are there any other things I can do to get it working again?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• gomba
    gomba
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem. I think every time there's a Chrome update it takes a few days for 1P to accept touch ID or Apple Watch unlock. But that shouldn't happen.
    Anybody has a workaround?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,
    If Touch ID unlock stopped working, it means the extension lost its connection with the desktop app.

The first thing we should try is re-establishing that connection, like so:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit the browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and wait a few moments, see if 1Password in the browser unlocked on its own. If it did, then you should be good to go.

In case the extension remains locked and is asking for your password, we'll need to get some logs from your machines. Please send us the following to support+x@1password.com:

This discussion has been closed.