1Password Collection Feature Not Working: The App Keeps Reverting Back To Showing All Account Vaults

If I select a "collection", opening an item in 1Password via Quick Access changes back to viewing all vaults under the account. What's expected is for the "collection" setting to remain the same until manually changed. Thanks for all you do. Also, thank you for bringing document preview back!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac (80500046)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 12.x.x

Comments

• Hi @nimvio:

We've decoupled the selected collection between Quick Access, and the main app. You can set a collection in Quick Access by clicking the account or collection icon at the right of the search bar. This selected account or collection will remain active until 1Password is closed completely. Let me know how you get on with that!

PS: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying document preview just as much as we are. :smile:

Jack

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

@jack.platten , I don't think it's enough the way it is. You explained that it's now decoupled, and that the memory of the previously selected Collection/account doesn't sync with Quick Access, but that's exactly what I want: If I select a specific Collection in the big 1Password app (main desktop app), then I want to also do the same for Quick Access. Also, as for the selection I make of which Collection/account to view, I want that to stay in memory, so to speak, and stay that way (even after app restart).

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2022

Hi @nimvio, thanks for the specific feedback. There's work being done on Collections currently, we'll be interested to see what you make of the iterations to come!

ref: dev/core/core#12090

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

Thanks @PeterG_1P for the reply! I look forward to seeing the fixes and tweaks.

• On behalf of Peter, you're very welcome @nimvio! :smile:

• It's fixed! Woohoo! Thank you :)

• Thanks for letting us know, @Generic1PasswordUser. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.