Beta Comments/Requests

Options

Here’s some comments and requests after using the Beta for a few months.

The most annoying change is the new way of searching for Show all matching items with the Command Enter keyboard shortcut. People with lots of passwords or Admins who touch type might search 50-100 times a day. When you touch type, you type the name you’re searching for then press Return with your pinky. You can’t do that anymore, you have to press an awkward Command Enter shortcut. I could forget about every other request if you just brought back this feature. Pressing Return should list all matching items, at least a setting in preferences to allow you to choose.

Bring back categories on the side like EVERYONE wants.

Bring back the ability to take a pic of a QR code with the desktop app, should never of been removed.

Bring back preview attachments with space bar.

Bring back Drag and Drop attachments.

Bring back number of items.

Bring back when you create a Duplicate it says the word “Copy” at the end of the title. Now it creates a duplicate with the exact same name.

Bring back automatic fill in of OTP codes in browsers. Works half the time.

Bring back resize the browser extension and save that size as a preference so that every time you open the browser extension you can have a full size window instead of a tiny square.

Standalone randomly quits not crashes, but quits and you have to keep opening the app.

Pressing the “Open 1Password” button in the browser does nothing, you have to press twice for it to work.

There was a red flag thread on this forum where a user was seeing another family’s vault name. That’s really scary and should never happen.

Notice that most requests I start with “Bring Back”. That means you had it right and removed a lot of working things. Please Bring Back.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• tomjepp
    tomjepp
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on every one of these points, they're practically all things that annoy me about v8.

• Hey @11p:

Thanks for your detailed feedback here.

The most annoying change is the new way of searching for Show all matching items with the Command Enter keyboard shortcut.

I've added your input to an issue we have tracking this.
    ref: dev/core/core#10777

Bring back categories on the side like EVERYONE wants.

This is something else we've been tracking and collecting feedback on, so I've added your input to this as well.
    ref: dev/core/core#9299

Bring back the ability to take a pic of a QR code with the desktop app, should never of been removed.

This is something we're discussing internally, and I've added your input here.
    ref: dev/core/core#5963

Bring back preview attachments with space bar.

Quick Look for attachments is now available in the most recent Beta of 1Password 8 for Mac. Let me know how you like it!

Bring back Drag and Drop attachments.

This is also something we're investigating, so I've added your voice to it.
    ref: dev/core/core#9465

Bring back number of items.

This is something we're actively working on. Keep an eye on the nightly builds!

Bring back when you create a Duplicate it says the word “Copy” at the end of the title. Now it creates a duplicate with the exact same name.

I'm checking into this, and will update you.

Bring back automatic fill in of OTP codes in browsers. Works half the time.

1Password in the browser should be filling in OTP codes automatically. If there's somewhere where it's not, I'd be happy to investigate and see if we can get it improved for the future.

Bring back resize the browser extension and save that size as a preference so that every time you open the browser extension you can have a full size window instead of a tiny square.

We're always looking at improving 1Password, and I'll note your feedback here on resizing the browser pop-up to see if this is something that's possible.

Standalone randomly quits not crashes, but quits and you have to keep opening the app.

We're actively investigating this, and hope to know more soon.

There was a red flag thread on this forum where a user was seeing another family’s vault name. That’s really scary and should never happen.

I can confirm is that it's not possible to simply sign into other users' accounts - or them into yours. At a minimum, your Account Password is required, along with your registered email address and your Secret Key, on new devices/browsers.

Thanks again for all your detailed feedback on this!

Jack

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member
    Options

Quick Look for attachments is now available in the most recent Beta of 1Password 8 for Mac. Let me know how you like it!

Maybe I am missing something. I have to click the preview button first, then space bar will open and close Quick Look. Was slow the first time (assuming that it's downloading the attachment(s)?).

This discussion has been closed.