Where has the 'exclude from all vaults' feature gone?

Options

I have a lot of unwanted accounts showing up. If someone is watching my screen at work for example, I don't want them to see a list of all my private email addresses every time I hit an email field.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:exclude

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rickk

If you want to exclude specific items from being suggested in your browser, here's how to do that:

1. Create a new vault and name it (e.g. Exclusions).
    2. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password extension icon and select "Settings".
    3. In the settings page that opens, scroll down to the bottom where you see your list of vaults and turn that new vault off.

That'll prevent the vault from being shown or its content suggested in your browser.
    If you just want stuff to not show up automatically when you click inside a field, you can simply turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" in the settings page and that'll prevent 1Password from popping up everywhere on its own. Clicking on the little 1Password icon on the right corner of the page will reveal the suggestions menu on demand.

• rickk
    rickk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I liked the feature more when it was still in the main app but this works! Didn't realise I had to go to the extension settings

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.