Trouble with Safari extension

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension often loses connection to 1password.

Comments

• Smidirini
    Smidirini
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here.

Safari 15.1 / macOS 12.0.1. 1Password 7.9.2 (paying subscriber for years)

Since about a month 1Password extension in Safari is more often inactive than active.

Extension is present in Safari > Preferences > Extensions and is selected/checked as active.

However I cannot fill in any passwords. Clicking on the "Unlock 1Password" button in the popup above has no effect the popup remains as if I had not clicked. The toolbar 1Password button does not respond to clicks. The behavior is the same whether or not I am logged in to the 1Password desktop app.

It used to be that restarting Safari might cure the problem for a while and then it would reappear. Or rebooting my Mac.

Today those workarounds no longer work. My 1Password Safari extension seems stuck in a broken state.

• Smidirini
    Smidirini
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jack! Very glad to see the support here.

However for me, quitting and then restarting both Safari and 1Password 7 desktop does not re-establish the connection. Pressing the 1Password controls in Safari continues to have zero action.

Tried turning the Safari extension off and on again: no improvement.

Any other suggestions?

• Hi @Smidirini:

I've split your posts off into a separate thread, as they were previously in the beta section. :smile:

Just to confirm, is that the extension included in 1Password 7, or the separately downloaded 1Password for Safari extension? Let me know, and I'll be able to dig in further with you!

Jack

• Smidirini
    Smidirini
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the recategorization.

This is with the Safari extension included with 1Password 7

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me, following the last update. Also, not possible to open password mini via the Safari extension.

Ken
    Safari 15.1 / macOS 12.0.1. 1Password 7.9.2

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info guys. Can you please try restarting 1Password and Safari like so:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

In case the issue persists, please send us the following to support+x@1password.com:

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Many thanks.

Ken

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.