How can one share a password with a family member that is also a part of our family account easily?

audiomixer
audiomixer
Community Member

This is using iPad and iPhone.
Sharing private vault passwords with a family member (wife) in the past has been pretty easy. I simply did an airdrop. That apparently no longer works as the recipient is greeted with “Item Not Found The linked item could not be found in any of your vaults.” Duh, that’s why I’m trying to send it to her. This is using the copy private link method.
I also tried the share method and while that works, there appears no way for the intended recipient to save the data to their own 1Password without having to copy and paste each field to a new password entry by hand. This is rather a waste of time.
There should be a way for the sender to check a box allowing the intended recipient to save to their own 1Password vault on a family account. Who has time to copy and paste each field?
Maybe I’m missing something here but it shouldn’t be this difficult.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2

Comments

• Hello @audiomixer! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble sharing passwords with your wife. Are you and your wife part of the same 1Password Families membership? If you are then the easiest way to share items is to move or copy them into a vault that you share with your wife. Here is a guide on sharing vaults with family members: Create and share vaults

Once you move or copy an item to a shared vault that you and your wife both have access to you can then tap on Copy Private Link to send your wife a link to the shared item.

You can also use secure item sharing to share individual items with your wife or with people who are not part of your 1Password membership. You can find our guide on doing so here: Securely share 1Password items with anyone. If the recipient has a 1Password account, has the 1Password for Safari extension enabled, and they open the link in Safari then they'll see a Save in 1Password button that will allow them to add the item to their 1Password vault:

Let me know if that helps. :)

• audiomixer
    audiomixer
    Community Member

She is a member of the family account. Yes I’ve been through all that you’ve written above although I was not aware of a safari extension for iPadOS and iOS.

• audiomixer
    audiomixer
    Community Member

Safari extension enabled on recipient device. Link sent to her device but no option of save a copy for later.

• audiomixer
    audiomixer
    Community Member

Ok, now it is working. Problem solved…thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Dave, you are welcome @audiomixer! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.