Password flagged and I can't reveal old password anymore

Options
msxtj
msxtj
Community Member

Hello,

I have a huge issue trying to reset my password with an online service now.

Situation: Watchtower has detected that my password was found in some pwned database - OK, no problems here!
Now, the issue is that 1Password won't allow me to reveal that password that was set for this particular account. I need the old password to reset the password on said service. In 1Password, the dots turn red when I try to reveal it and copy-pasting it gives me dots only. This is the first time I am encountering such a situation!

Being unable to reveal my pwned password is poor design. I should be able to do that anytime I want in the app. Now it feels that 1Password is controlling what I want to do, and taking over my wishes :( Your software has now tremendously complicated my life as I now need to make an official request with the admin of said service and I got an automated response that it may take 6 hours. I am taking a flight in a few hours. Flight details/check-in documents and other PDFs are saved on that service.

Thank you 1Password???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @msxtj:

I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble here with your flight information. It sounds like the website you're referring to may have been doing something to attempt to secure passwords in the password field, and replacing the characters entered with the symbol. When 1Password in your browser saved the password you entered, instead of saving for example, the generated password: 8@C_8tVG , it instead saved the censored version: ●●●●●●●●.

If this password was generated using 1Password in the browser, it may still be saved in your Password Generator history by searching for the site name: If you used the password generator and can't find the password to sign in

Jack

This discussion has been closed.