Can I use 1Password to fill a 2FA code request from Okta?

My workplace uses Okta to send a push to my phone as 2FA for several internal websites. (Timesheets, email, our intranet.)

We don't have admin privileges, — I also use numerous machines at work that IT will sunset and replace without warning, — so I use the 1Password Chrome extension (which works great!) for all my passwords on the web. It is a family account that I use for personal and work purposes.

What I would like, instead of needing to dig out and unlock my phone for every push for 2FA, to use the 2FA code response generator in 1Password to satisfy the Okta request.

Does this exist? My Google Fu is failing me.

Thank you!

James

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise v1909 Build 18363.1734
Referrer: forum-search:Okta 2FA

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SoundEngineerJames!

Does Okta also allow you to configure 2FA with a TOTP QR code? If it does, you can use 1Password for the codes, otherwise you will need to use their app I am afraid :(

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

My company uses Okta for all our apps, and I have 1Password configured for TOTP generation and it works fine. I don't have the native Okta app installed anywhere.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing @TravelSD, that is good to hear :+1:

• lostinberlin
    lostinberlin
    Community Member

Another point in case it helps.

I had trouble getting 1Password to recognise/autofill the TOTP field when logging into Okta which meant I needed to open 1Password, copy the TOTP, paste it, and press enter.

The solution was to change the label of the TOTP field in the 1Password entry to answer (given as the input field id in the page source). After that, everything worked perfectly.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

@lostinberlin Oh wow, thank you! I've been copying and pasting for years. Your solution worked!

• Glad to hear that did it @TravelSD (and thanks to @lostinberlin for the assist here :smile: )!

This discussion has been closed.