Where is 1Password "mini" in MacOS upper bar

Options

In past when I clicked on 1Password7 icon in MacOS bar on top of the screen I could browse the items and use them. But now it just says "open 1password" , Open Quick Access, Lock and Quit. Is this a missing feature with the mini, a bug or where did it go?

Comments

• Hello @telephoneman2! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks for participating in the Early Access for 1Password 8! ๐Ÿ˜ŠQuick Access is a fast and easy way to access your items using 1Password 8 and it works in a similar way to how 1Password mini did in 1Password 7 with a few improvements.

Rather than using the icon in the menu bar you can open Quick Access by using the keyboard shortcut Shift Command Spacebar to search for an item from any app.

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

Unterstand but why don't you open Quick access instead of that "boring" (sorry ^^) menu?

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I didnt mean it bad. Dont get me wrong, but its a bit disappointing as i clicked often to open the Mini before and now just to see that. I think I like the quick access, well dine - but reducing the 1password icon down just to that is a bit "disappointing" :D But op to you. will get used to it ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks for the reply @telephoneman2. I agree that the menubar icon is a little underwhelming at the moment and having the menubar open Quick Access directly when you left-click on the icon is an interesting possibility that I would love to see.

I've shared your feedback internally with the team. :)

ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#455

• blcarson
    blcarson
    Community Member
    Options

I do like the new search feature but I would still like the "mini" feature that emulated what you get on the browser extension when you click the menubar icon. I'm not following the logic of removing it. As it stands now, the menubar icon is pointless and only serves to quit the program.

• Thank you for your feedback about the early access version of 1Password 8 @blcarson. I've forwarded it to our development team. :)

ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#455

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P +1 for the proposed menubar-opening-quick-access behavior; that sounds "close enough" the classic 1P7 workflow that we're all used to for it to be tolerable.

• @StevenBedrick I've forwarded your feedback to our developers as well. Thanks! :)

• Blake
    Options

@sameerchavan

Clicking the menubar icon should open up Quick Access for you, as shown below. Are you not seeing the same behavior?

• EusGoed
    EusGoed
    Community Member
    Options

I created an account to request this feature back. It has still not returned in the 1Password 8 Beta.
    If not for default behavior could at least the option to enable the feature be added?

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Clicking the menubar icon should open up Quick Access for you, as shown below. Are you not seeing the same behavior?

No, clicking the menubar icon brings up a standard macOS dropdown menu, with the four (useless compared to 1PW 7's mini) options. To get Quick Access you have to do an additional click on the Open Quick Access menu option.

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see it either - But I think it was there before

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member
    Options

No, clicking the menubar icon brings up a standard macOS dropdown menu, with the four (useless compared to 1PW 7's mini) options. To get Quick Access you have to do an additional click on the Open Quick Access menu option.

Same:

This discussion has been closed.