Display problem when creating additional accounts

I hope what I'm trying to describe makes sense.
1. I create an account for "user A" on https://purelymail.com. When 1Password offers to generate a password, I agree.
2. The "save login" screen comes up. As I already have an account on that site, so I tell 1Password to create a new item
3. After the item has been created, I enable 2FA. I use the "Scan QR Code" tool of the browser extension. The OTP section is automatically added to the login item.
4. I repeat steps 1 and 2 to create an additional account for "user B"
5. When I click the 1Password extension in the browser bar, the login item created for "user B" in Step 4 shows that there is an OTP section already. Although I have not created one.
6. On closer inspection I can see that the codes generated by OTP are the same as those that belong to the login item created for "user A".
7. Checking the item for user B in the 1Password Windows application, I can see that there's no OTP section in that login item.
8. When closing and re-starting the browser, the false OTP section in user B's login item is gone as well.

So basically, the 1Password extension is showing OTP sections in login items which are not there, until the browser is restarted.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500057)
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner:

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just to confirm, are you making two separate administrator accounts for Purelymail, or two users within your single account, that can be managed by a single administrator account. Just trying to make sure I've got the reproduction steps right.

Jack

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten
    I‘m creating additional users in my single admin account.

• Hey @Manaburner:

Thanks for the clarification, we're investigating and hope to have answers soon. Which browser are you using?

Jack

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten
    I‘m using the latest Chrome

• Hi @Manaburner:

Just following up on this, we're still investigating, but don't have specifics to share just yet. Thanks for your patience on this!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.