A little feedback on 1Password

JustInspired
JustInspired
Community Member

Not a question; I just wanted to share my experience as a new 1Password user. Hope that's okay.

I've been a long time user of Roboform (almost 20 years) but recently started looking for alternatives that would support hardware keys for 2FA as Roboform didn't. This was the main factor but the other really important box that had to be ticked was the ability to import my existing data. There were hundreds of safe notes which I **really **didn't want to have to copy and paste individually.

I used the mrc-converter-suite tool (thank you to the developer!) to extract my safe notes to a PIF file. I then had to contact support because I couldn't figure out how to import the newly created data file into 1Password. Support was quick and very helpful (thanks Trevor!), was soon fully migrated and I couldn't believe how smoothly it all went.

I had the chance to use the Windows and Android versions for a couple weeks, then paid for a year because I was really pleased with it. The gui is better with a more intuitive and modern feel. However, what really made me happy was when I accidentally found out yesterday I could now SEARCH **WITHIN **MY SAFE NOTES!!! I had no idea what I'd been missing. Going back to a program that can't do that would be a real deal-breaker for me now. Thank you and keep up the great work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@JustInspired

When I happen upon these posts and read that someone has success with the converter suite, it makes me smile.

Enjoy 1Password!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JustInspired:

Not a question; I just wanted to share my experience as a new 1Password user. Hope that's okay.

Of course :) Thank you for the kind words! I am glad to hear that your experience has been good, I just wanted to let you know that we are here should you need anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.