Request: Drag and Drop Attachments Directly Onto Items

Options

With 1Password 8 we now have the ability to attach files directly to existing items. Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this via drag and drop. Doing so will create a new item with the attachment. I would like to be able to drag and drop a file to attach it to the visible item (assuming that's where it was dropped)

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Maboopsie,

Thanks so much for testing out 1Password 8!

Also thanks for the feature request. I have added it to our internal tracker so the team can look into implementing it into a future version of 1Password 8.

ref: dev/core/core#9465

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature; drag-and-drop is the main way that I associate documents with vault items.

• I'd love to see that too!

• Benno42
    Benno42
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. Also you can only add 1 item at a time from the Finder selection window.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Noted @Benno42, thank you for the feedback as well!

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded the 1Password 8 release version today and I find this omission a bit concerning. Heck I have a Mac. It's all about drag and drop. I tried every drop possible before I realized it would not work.

• Hi @Mr. K., thank you for the feedback - I have passed it on to our developers. We appreciate knowing that this is something you find valuable!

ref: dev/core/core#9465

This discussion has been closed.