1password for Safari extension not installing

Options
RichardLinter
RichardLinter
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I downloaded the beta 1password 8 but can ot connect the 1password for safari extension (i run the application but the extension does not appear in Safari extensions. The older extension is there but I beleive this runs 1password 7. I removedversion 7 and therefore the old extension and tryed installing the 1password for safari extension again but still unsucessfully.
i have reverted to 1password7 - how do i installthe extension which works with v8 so i can upgrade?

1Password Version: 8 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac big sur

Comments

• Hello @RichardLinter! 👋

Thanks for trying the beta version of 1Password 8! You can install the new 1Password for Safari from the Mac App Store using this link: 1Password for Safari on the App Store

If you've already done this and you still don't see 1Password in Safari then sure that you've enabled it using these steps:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click Safari in the menubar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Extensions
    5. Make sure that "1Password for Safari" is enabled.

Let me know if you run into any issues. :)

• RichardLinter
    RichardLinter
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried that but only see 1Password 7.9.2 in the preferences after doing so.
    I also tried deleting 1Password 7 (and therefore its extension) first but still don't see 1Password for Safari in Safari extensions

• Ben
    Options

Hey @RichardLinter

After installing 1Password for Safari from the App Store, have you tried opening it from the Applications folder?

If you still aren't seeing the extension in Safari after running the 1Password for Safari app let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations, please:

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• RichardLinter
    RichardLinter
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, the Terminal stuff did the trick !
    Thanks very much
    Richard

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome @RichardLinter! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.