To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot remove my standalone vaults after I migrated to a 1password Membership

bas_barten
bas_barten
Community Member

I recently migrated to a 1password.eu membership. As a last step I wanted to remove my local standalone vaults. I have two vaults:

• "Primary"
  • "Bas en Inez"

I am able to remove the second vault by going to Vault > Delete [name] vault. When I try this with the first vault, the option is greyed out.

I disabled sync and WLAN sync for the standalone vaults. I also made sure the default vault for saving items is my new 1password membership vault.

How do I remove my old standalone Primary vault?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @bas_barten

The cleanest way to do this would be to use the Tools > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data menu. This will reset 1Password for Mac to "factory defaults," including disconnecting any standalone vaults. You'd then sign back in to your 1Password account. I would suggest having your Emergency Kit handy to facilitate that, and also verifying that you're able to log in at https://my.1password.eu and view all of your data.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bas_barten
    bas_barten
    Community Member

That worked, thank you!

• You're very welcome @bas_barten. I'm glad top hear those instructions helped. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Happy holidays!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.