I've noticed that the auto fill doesn't work on few android apps (Binance).

beevk
beevk
Community Member

While the auto-fill feature works seamlessly on most of the apps, it fails to work for some of the apps. One of those apps is Binance (a popular example). Is it only my device or is it actually some kinda bug?

Device: MI Redmi note 8 pro.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11 (MIUI 12..5.3)
Referrer: forum-search:auto fill doesn't work on binance

Comments

• Hello @beevk thanks for reaching out to us.

I did some testing with the Binance app. I was able to fill by forcing Autofill with a long press. Try long pressing the email field on the Binance log in page, then tap ⋮ > Autofill. Let us know how that goes!

• unfor19
    unfor19
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Same issue here, I'm suddenly getting "contents cannot be auto filled" in my bank app, and it did work before :\
    I'm on Galaxy S10

• Hi @unfor19. Are you using the Binance app as well, or are you having trouble with a different app?

• Blaz
    Blaz
    Community Member

Hello, I would like to report that autofill on the Binance app stopped working for me completely. Until recently, it worked with autofill, but now even that doesn't work anymore.

It would be great if we could have this fixed, as Binance requires you to sign in every few days.

I'm using Oneplus 6T with OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 and Binance application version 2.41.6.

• Hello @Blaz thanks for letting us know about this change in behavior! As this worked in the recent past, Binance may have changed something on their end. So that we can investigate further, I have gone ahead and filed an issue. ref: android-955

Another option to fill is to use split screen mode to copy or drag and drop your credentials: Drag and drop to fill in other apps

This discussion has been closed.