To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to upgrade from current Individual Membership to family Membership?

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Hi ,

I’m a 1PW user for many many years. I am currently on an Individual Plan subscription. My MBPro (early 2013) is not young (neither am I - lol ). I am using MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2. I’d like to upgrade to the Family Plan to include DH however his Mac in even older (2007) and his MacOS version is Sierra and cannot upgrade to a later OS due to its age. His 1PW version is currently 6.8.9. How can I change my subscription to a Family Plan which may? (that’s my question) enable him to use 1PW 7 also? Will 1PW 7 work on his “antique” Mac OS?

If so, can you have someone send me easy, step-by-step instructions on how to change my current subscription to a Family Plan so we both can use 1PW 7.

I believe my current subscription expires in February. Many thanks.

Would appreciate any assistance. As always, thanking you for a great product, and wishing you and your team Happy Holidays.

Thank you,
tuni

1Password Version: 1PW 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2
Referrer: forum-search:how to uprade from individual to family membership?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Have done so, this is the ticket number: #DDU-69744-882] - however due to the age of DH iMac he can't upgrade his OS any higher than the 10.12.6 and 1Password 7 will not (APPARENTLY , from what I'm told)) work on his current OS. therefore it doesn't make sense for me to upgrade from Individual Membership to Family. If you see any way for me to do this with his current MacOS please let me know and I will re-think all this. thx

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Please post back resolution to the OP's issue. I find myself in a similar situation (Macs of various vintages, capped at various OSX and macOS versions, all needing to run 1Password Families).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12:

Thank you for sharing the ticket number! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: I see that you are still discussing this over there, so to avoid duplication of efforts I am going to close this discussion on the forum, and we will get back to you via email.

In the meantime, for anyone else who might be reading, here are the official system requirements for 1Password:

System requirements for 1Password

ref: DDU-69744-882

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williakz:

I find myself in a similar situation

You are welcome to email us as well so our colleagues can check your exact situation and suggest the best way forward for you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.