"Failed to delete remote path"

drachul
drachul
Community Member

iOS 15.2, 1Password version 7.9.3, iPhone 11.

"Failed to delete remote path" when syncing to Dropbox, which fails. Dropbox app is current.

PC is Windows 11, everything seems fine there but no longer syncing between iPhone and desktop.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2
Referrer: forum-search:delete path

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drachul!

Does the error message tell you the path?

• drachul
    drachul
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana yes it lists the path. Would that be useful here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drachul:

Yes, specifically understanding if the 1Password vault file extension is .opvault or .agilekeychain.

• drachul
    drachul
    Community Member

"Failed to delete remote path.
    Path: /1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/
    1AD60XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
    (my name's conflicted copy) (4).1password"

Of course I changed the actual keychain numbers to Xs, just in case.

And thank you for looking into this. In looking through my setup I realized I've been using and recommending 1Password for over 8 years now.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2021

Hi @drachul

I'm afraid we have limited resources for troubleshooting problems with sync via Dropbox at this point. That said I would encourage you to review this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If you're still having trouble after working through each of the suggestions there then I'd like to get you in touch with our migration team who can help you get up and running with a more seamless sync experience. They can be reached at support+tradein@1password.com. Either way, we'll help you make it right. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• drachul
    drachul
    Community Member

:|

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021

I think the problem is the .agilekeychain format, which is very old and I don't believe it's been supported in the 1Password apps for a while. In any case, please let us know how things go with Ben's suggestions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.