Can’t log in to Safari extension on iPhone

baggend
baggend
Community Member

My Safari extension has been working great for a while, but starting this morning, it will no longer unlock.

I tap the puzzle piece and then 1Password and get a message saying “Sign in to use 1Password” with a button that says “Open 1Password”. Tapping the button opens the 1Password app and unlocks it with FaceID, but when I come back to Safari the extension is still locked.

Comments

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member

This is iOS 15.1.1 (19B81), with 1Password 7.9.3.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @baggend!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• dpilone
    dpilone
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

For what it’s worth I’ll +1 this. I have the same problem though when I click “Open 1Password” I get a blank tab in Safari. This is on an iPad Pro 11 running 15.2. Killing the safari window and creating a new one seems to fix it for a bit… I can’t figure out what causes it to happen in the first place though.

• Hi @dpilone:

Thanks for your input here! Just by chance, are you using an external keyboard with your iPad when this occurs?

Jack

• dpilone
    dpilone
    Community Member

YES! Well, the Magic Keyboard. Does that count? — Dan

• Hey @dpilone:

Yes, the Magic Keyboard would count. It's an issue that we're tracking, and I've added your input to the issue we have on this. It sounds like you may be running into a combination of a few issues in fact. Can you try these steps and see if that improves your state of play?

1. Disconnect your external keyboard from your iPad.
    2. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    3. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    4. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    5. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    6. Tap on the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9873

ref: dev/core/core#11334

• dpilone
    dpilone
    Community Member

Jack - thanks! So far so good. I’ll see if I can figure out what causes it to get into a “can’t be unlocked without killing safari” state.

• @dpilone Sounds good. Our developers are investigating the issue and hopefully we can include a fix in a future update. :)

This discussion has been closed.