Can can we expect the Whitelist for the Sidekick Browser and it's 1Password chrome plugin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Helmi
    Helmi
    Community Member
    Options

Is Sidekick Support still on the Beta Channel? I wonder because I actually do have 7.8.7 which in beta was supposed to have 1p support and all I can get is seemingly the chrome extension without connection to the destkop app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

@Helmi:

Is Sidekick Support still on the Beta Channel?

Yes, you would need version 7.8.8.BETA-1 of 1Password for Mac for this :+1:

• sagv
    sagv
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @nickmcguire , I can't connect my sidekick browser to the 1password to use touchId :-(

Initially, I was getting this error in sidekick extension:

I followed instructions from:
    https://support.1password.com/could-not-connect/
    to copy files from chrome to sidekick and not getting this error:

But either way it won't connect :-(

I use 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) and the latest beta chrome extension — 2.2.0

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sagv

It looks like you're on a stable build of 1Password for Mac (v7.9.2). At present Sidekick is only supported in beta builds. We don't have a beta for 1Password 7 for Mac at the moment but we'll be returning to a more normal beta schedule in the new year. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@rudy was kind enough to cut a beta that is the same as the last stable release so that it can be used with Sidekick.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7#v70903000

Happy holidays. :)

Ben

• sagv
    sagv
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Wow, this was fast! Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome @sagv :)

• Thomas8520
    Thomas8520
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ben @rudy it's really great to see that you're still supporting smaller Chromium browsers. We had some communication with Andrew back in August about adding Wavebox to the beta version of 1Password, but after sending developer and signing details across haven't heard anything. Is there anyone we can reach out to at 1Password in the new year?

This discussion has been closed.