Devolution RDM - Remote Desktop Manager - showing as "Unnamed Device" ?

Petah69
Petah69
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Business and Teams

Hi,

i have a question regarding 2Factor Authentication with DUO and third Party Integration.

I have configured Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager to use Credentials from my 1Password Vault.

Technically it works but its rather inconvenient since at the moment i am getting prompted for the DUO 2FA Token every time a Password lookup is done.

I was under the impression the 2FA Token should only be used for initial Connect and First Time use of an application.

Unfortunately the RDM Access shows as "Unnamed Device" and "Unknown OS" with a Chrome Logo in my 1Password Account - so probably that might be the problem (if RDM were able to get properly identified at logon the problem might go away?)

Do you have any idea what i could do to resolve this issue or does this "work as designed" when 2FA is enabled ?

br
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:rdm

Comments

• Hi @Petah69,

We will be happy to help investigate this behavior. First, to take a closer look and avoid sharing private account information, can you send us an email to support+business@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this community discussion. Note that a lot of the team are off for the holiday season so it may take some time before we’re able to reply.

• Petah69
    Petah69
    Community Member

Hi @ag_max i have raised a ticket [#AWM-32322-634] for that matter and included an update there as well.

I have received response from Devolution Support where they confirmed that at the moment it is working as expected from their end:

The current behavior with 1Password is to prompt each time a 1Password entry is launched. If you would like to suggest an alternative to our engineering team

I have raised a feature request in their support forums for that matter, since i feel that the behavior in RDM should be changed to reflect the way it is working for the 1 Password App.

Thanks for the quick response !
    br
    Peter

• Excellent, thanks for the heads up, @Petah69. A member of our Integrations team will respond via email as soon as they're available (likely on Tuesday or Wednesday).

Thank you also for bringing this up with Devolution's team.

ref: AWM-32322-634

This discussion has been closed.