Couldn't open 1password on Firefox or Brave "open 1password" button non-functional

Options
frumiousB
frumiousB
Community Member

My 1password was locked. I clicked the 1password button in the browser icon bar and a window pops up with a button "open 1password". I click that and nothing happens. This happens the same in both Brave and Firefox. The only way I could open it is to open the windows application and unlock it there. Then the browser extension was also unlocked. This has happened a few times in the recent past after the update and increased integration between the windows application and the browser extensions.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0.19043

Comments

• Hi @frumiousB! I'm sorry for the delay in response.

The behaviour experiencing doesn't sound right and it seems like there is an issue with 1Password in your browser connecting with 1Password 8 the desktop app. If you disable and re-enable integration in 1Password in your browser, does this help at all:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the General heading, and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Close your browser, re-open it, then follow steps 1 and 2 to re-enable Integrate with 1Password app.

If this didn't help, can you please provide some additional details via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate?

Please do not post your these details in the forums.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you! :+1:

• frumiousB
    frumiousB
    Community Member
    Options

This is a link to a single shared google folder I just created with 3 mp4 videos. They show the behavior I describe in edge, firefox, and brave. I'm clicking but nothing is happening.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-QvmVw4C1wX7uKXtGGfo_wFKoYCC9o0J?usp=sharing

I will also follow steps 1-3 and if needed generate the diagnostics. I'll let you know how it goes.

• frumiousB
    frumiousB
    Community Member
    Options

I tried steps 1-3 on all the affected browsers but the problem persists. I have emailed in the logs that were requested. This is not at all urgent because I have the workaround of opening the windows app first.

• AliH1P
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hey @frumiousB, we've received your email with the logs and will follow up with you there!

ref: LQP-94211-888

This discussion has been closed.